Skip to content
5 To-do List Mistakes
- Not writing it down– capture all your tasks and open loops by writing everything down. Don’t worry about organization or prioritization first – your mind is for thinking, not remembering.
- No focus – prioritize and stick to three main tasks each day. Do them in order of importance and urgency.
- Too general – make sure each task is relevant to your goals. Make them specific and measurable.
- No time blocking – assign each task to a set timeframe within your day. Avoid multi-tasking and focus on deep work.
- No rest period – schedule rest periods between each task. Take note of the length (how long) and quality (what you do) to maximize each rest period.