You might ask yourself, “am I sharing too much, too little, too often?” TBH it depends. When you’re not mindlessly scrolling through your feed, social media can be kind of confusing.
We’re running through the optimal sharing frequencies and times across platforms, so you can get the most engagement and awareness for your business or the quench your validation thirst for likes and shares for your personal accounts. We’re guilty.
Optimal Sharing Amounts and Times Across Platforms:
- Some of the best times to share are from 2 pm to 3 pm, 6 pm to 6:40 pm, and 7:15 pm to 8 pm.
- Spikes at 10 am, 11 am, 1 pm, and 4 pm.
- Share between three and five times a day. A quip, a thought, an article, whatever your heart fancies. Luckily, Twitter is pretty informal.
- Optimal clicks between 2 pm and 4 pm and from 6 pm to 11 pm.
- Share to FB once per business day or 20 times a month.
- Peak times for posting align with commuting times (not that that means much right now). From 9 am to noon, from 2 pm to 4:30 pm, and an evening spike from 6 pm to 7 pm.
- Share on LinkedIn three to five times a week. This keeps your posts higher in your connections feeds.